Sunday 19 October 2014


In response to a request for info on what I use to draw with, here are a few of my favourite drawing items :

1 Rotring Tikky Graphics fibre tips : good all-purpose pens. I use a 0.5 and a 0.3mm.
2 Pentel Sign Pens : These have a thicker nib but at the same time it is also 'dry' enough and hard enough to be able to achieve a wide variety of line weights depending on the pressure you apply. Fine light strokes are possible with these pens.
3 UniPin 0.5mm : These are great pens, especially for finer detailing. I used them for the Saint Eustache church drawing that I posted last week. They are suitable for more absorbant paper as they don't bleed so much.
4 Derwent Graphic pencils : These are my favourite graphite pencils that I've been using for a number of years. They allow the build up of layers for a richness of tone.
5 Derwent Sketching pencils : I use these for quick loose drawing at a larger scale. I use an HB, a 2B and a 4B.
6 Lyra Rembrandt : I include these because I intend to try them out next time I do Life Drawing. A bit like charcoal pencils - they will help to loosen my style a bit...
What are your favourite materials? Is there something you can recommend that I try out?

No comments:

Post a Comment